In 1803 Alexandria’s first sugar refinery opened; situated on the hundred block of North Alfred Street. Included on the half acre refinery was the refinery owners residence, later nicknamed Sugar House by city officials.
The 7,600 sq ft home was completely restored in 1987 but has preserved the original 12′ high ceilings, original crown molding, grand chandeliers, 11 fireplaces and hardwood floors – Preserving craftsmanship and elegance that simply cannot be duplicated.
The Sugar House building has served many purposes since it was built over two decades ago. However, in 1998 Sugar House Day Spa and Salon opened its doors, creating sweetness of a different kind – a relaxing oasis for body, mind & spirit.